Theology talks about concepts that are often guesswork ( like the concept of Q) but do add a perspective...that can't be confirmed or denied. In the everyday of shopping and pumping gas nobody cares about Q or really where the information for the gospels came from. In reality most people who read the book of Mark, believe that a guy named Mark wrote it from his own life and perspective. They believe he lived around the time of Jesus and that's good enough for most people.
I don't really care where or what Q is about or came from. Why can't it just simply be the 'talk of the town' that everybody knew about back then.
It seems an easy trap to get stuck in an intellectual world that convinces itself that 'pondering and critiquing and clarifying concepts' is the contribution they need to make. I'm not sure that is entirely true but I'm still thinking about it. The trap is they do nothing with their lives in the real world, but exist in their circles of influence entertaining each other and not feeding the poor. hmmm
something I want to think more about. Somebody has to think deeply...
No comments:
Post a Comment