Monday, January 5, 2009

letter to the editor

Innocent Hamas?

In response to ‘How can we just stand by’Jan 5th.

I say GO FOR IT ISRAEL, and no I’m not Jewish. What a story of courage! A tiny nation of people, not far off the size of NZ, who have stood their ground for many years and defended themselves while being completely surrounded by nations who deny their right to even exist or admit that they in fact exist at all! The 1967 six day war is worth googling. The current media reports always paint Israel in a bad light, ‘a terrorist nation’(..who are then stopping other terrorists..huh?). Palestine, among others, have been launching rockets continually. They hide behind their civilians in schools, hospitals, high density housing etc. They were asked if they’d mind stopping the killing of Israelis please. Hamas refused. Israel has now decided to stop them – if someone was throwing rocks at my family, after asking nicely of course, I’d be putting a stop to it promptly and so I should! Over 250,000 Israelis are in the target zone for these rockets and Hamas has no control. I’m not ‘standing by’ as the title suggests – I’ve done my homework and am in full support, there is history prior to 1948 – Israel wasn’t formed by the UN, they were returned to the place they had occupied previously. How about some unbiased media coverage for a change.

 

No comments: